Friday, May 2, 2008

just another day in paradise...

A week has passed by again. My times to keep this diary up to date.
It feels awesome to finally talk to my baby on the phone. Can't describe my feeling when I heard her voices.
I also got to call my parents, reassuring them that I'm doing good her.
After almost 2 weeks, finally, we started to do what we come aboard for. The aircraft squadrons started to land in. And that is my job. It's not fancy, but it's something. I guide and land those 60 millions dollar aircraft through a cable hook, so that they don't overrun into the sea. Simple enough.
My team is great. Their motto is: "Work hard, play harder" and I love it. Everyone is friendly and really nice to me. I have been to team where nobody care for nobody around them. It's different here. I'm really glad because after all, this is my first carrier deployment. So I do tend to make mistake without knowing it. This help me to ease the settling process.
Opps, siren called man overboard. Guess I will have to finish this later.
........
That wasn't a drill. It's almost midnight when the siren sounded. It was pitch black in the pacific ocean. Then there was a glowing stick on the sea. That triggered the "man overboard" called, means somebody falls into the sea. When something like that happens, everyone takes it seriously as it might be one of our shipmates, and time is everything. I had to run to our team's designated place, join the roll call. After that is just stooding still, waiting for the top brasses to clear. It sucks and it wasted alot of time. It takes more than 5 hours to clear call. Now I only have 5 hours left to rest before a new day and my shift started.
Oh well, just another day in paradise ....

No comments: