Today is not a good day. It's time to leave again. Today, I left behind my family, my own comforted place, and most important, my fiancee to answer the call of duty again. It was hard to say goodbye to her, trying to hold my tears back.
Today is the first day of my 6 months deployment to the sea. This deployment has many different meaning to me. Though it was not my first deployment with the Navy on a ship, it was first one on a aircraft carrier, a city on a sea. I heard alot about it, but still overwhelming by seeing it with my own eyes. My 2 previous deployments were with destroyer ships. The numbers of sailors on board were small, everybody knows everybody. It is a different story this time. With 5000 strong individuals aboard the carrier, it is a whole new world for me. Getting to know my way around the ship was a real challenge. Walking through the ship brings back my feeling of my first day at high school, with lots of emotion. Finally, after 2 hours of searching, I found my little space, a small bottom "bunk" in a little hall. My "bunkmates", Recuit Dan Carlston and Airman Kyle Johnson, will be working with me for the next 6 months. They are really nice guys. Dan is from the Chicago while Kyle is from New Orleans. They come from 2 different background with 2 different personalities. It will be really interested to work with them. Can't wait.
A different meaning for this deployment is also for the first time, I'm in a serious relationship. I'm now engaged. It will be hard not having you by my side everyday.
Wells, this is it for my first day with my diary. Still having alot of thing to do before I can call it a day.
Mom and dad, please take care of yourself and do not worry about me too much. I will update as much as I can.
Hunnie, I hope this diary will help you through everyday, as if I'm still by your side. E-mail me when you can because I sure will ... smile ^.^ ....
Off to meeting and work now.
bibi
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment