finally, I get my chance to write again. It's hard to settle to in to a new place, especially when I only have a few days. This is a really big ship. Everytime I step out of my "corner", I find something, some places new. It's really amazing, but frustrating at the same time. I was so happy to recieve my first mail call the other day, like a kid in a candy store. Thanks hun. "Once you're far away from home, you will appreciate everything little thing you have." I truly believe in that saying.
I'm still adjusting to this environment. One of the guys from my tearm, Steve Johnson, is a veteran on this ship. He has done all 3 deployments with 3 different carriers. How cool is that? He said "It's a 'town' man,with every convinience of a city, and the captain is your mayor. You wake up, you go to work. You're done, you come back to your little space. Just like home." And he's right. The ship has everything I need for a daily life basis, just except a bar(for me) and a gentlement club for those lonely guys. There are 4 barber shops on here, 4 mesh hall (where you eat), 4 gyms and 2 free-weight rooms, 3 basketball courts and many convinient stores scatter around the ship (I still haven't find all the place yet)
Yesterday was our first cleaning station day. I was surprised. For cleaning station, we turn on music, radio, TV and then just start cleaning. Split- shine, boot-shine cleaning every corner of the ship. I can see myself reflect on the floor, yet still has to shine it another hundred times. Oh well, it's the "Navy way" anyway.
I guess that's it for now. I will be back for more.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment